[Council] Take a Politician to School 2011 - Meetings with Student Leaders

Natalie Grace Cockburn ngcockburn at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jul 12 15:08:16 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

I am contacting you all because you are a student leader through the Federation of Students and we want you to be part of an exciting event! As many of you have probably heard, we are hosting Take a Politician to School ( better known as #tps11) on Tuesday July 19! The purpose of the event is to provide opportunities for direct interaction between politicians and students, and to educate decision makers about what it's like to be a student. I have attached the full itinerary for the day. Feds is really excited about the event, and about the politicians we've been able to bring in! Justin Trudeau, Liz Witmer and Minister Milloy will all be speaking throughout the day, and we have a number of other big names for the meetings as well.

The politicians will be going on a campus tour, attending a class, mingling at a free BBQ, and having meetings with student leaders. We are looking for all of you to come to the event to interact with the politicians, and most specifically be the students that our guests actually meet with for their meetings with student leaders.

1.       Register for the event! http://feds.ca/stories/take-politician-school-day-uwaterloo

2.       Confirm your interest in meeting with politicians (respond to this email, please do not reply all)

3.       Attend an information session where we will go over logistics of the meetings, as well as issue briefings : http://doodle.com/344fdmdukf54995v

4.       Come to the event on July 19 (12:00-2:00 minimum) :)

Please email me as soon as possible to let me know if you are available to attend the event, and to meet with politicians.

Natalie Cockburn
Vice President Education | Federation of Students
*519-888-4567 ext. 32340 | vped at feds.ca<mailto:vped at feds.ca>

To Serve Empower and Represent the Undergradute Students of the University of Waterloo

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Natalie Cockburn, Federation of Students vped at feds.ca<mailto:vped at feds.ca> or 519-888-4567<tel:519-888-4567>, extension 32340.